SPORTS TOURISM AND ITS IMPORTANCE
- Sports tourism is one of the fastest growing sectors in tourism. More and more tourists are interested in sport activities during their trips whether sports are the main objective of travel or not.
- Sport events of various kinds and sizes attract tourists as participants or spectators and destinations try to add local flavours to them to distinguish themselves and provide authentic local experiences
- Comparable to tourism, the recreation and leisure market is one of the largest and fastest growing sectors of the globaleconomy.
- The size of the industry serves sporting activities listed under serious leisure fields such as golf, tennis, fishing, and downhill skiingSport has been used as an economic strategy and it has been observed for instance in the British context that most of the cities following this strategy of using sport for economic regeneration have been industrial cities, not normally known as major tourist destinationsSports and sporting events have become integral components of a global political economy
OPPORTUNITIES IN SPORTS TOURISM
- The number of jobs available in sports tourism has skyrocketed. More than ever, sports fans are treated to all kinds of unique museums and exhibits at local sports stadiums and at national museums that draw a massive annual audience.
- Those students who have spent years studying the broader tourism industry, or the sports management profession, will find that there are actually a number of exciting opportunities in this sectorOpportunities also await those interested in sports management.
- Managing professional franchises, fitness clubs, athletic departments or community leagues are all jobs that fall into this growing industry.
- Employers range from big corporate sponsors such as Nike, the local YMCA, a major-league ball team, Job titles include event manager, sponsorship sales, tournament director, director of promotions, sports-information director, adventure-travel director and coordinator, sport facility manager and director of marketing.
CHALLENGES OF SPORTS TOURSIM
Tourism industry plays a great role in the development of the world, and it is positively and negatively correlated with the economic growth of the global economy. Some of the all well-known elements that have a positive or negative impact on the tourism sector in the world are:
- The world’s established infrastructure
- Visa facilities.
Sports Tourism as a tool for destination development
If properly developed and managed, tourism can contribute to long-term growth. Sport tourism’s comparative strength comes in the participation in physical activities, interaction chances, and high development potential practically any place (small events or light activities like walking in particular). If properly utilized for destination branding, infrastructure development, and other socio-economic benefits, mega sporting events such as the Olympics and World Cups can be a catalyst for tourism development. Sports tourism also helps increase the GDP of the country.
PRIMARY FACTORS THAT INPIRE PEOPLE TO TRAVEL ABROAD FOR SPORTS DESTINATIONS
With a rising realisation of the intrinsic linkage between sport and tourism over the last decade or so, sports tourism has become a main stimulus for tourism activities. Importantly, sport tourism is a large and expanding global sector with considerable economic ramifications for the sport and/or event, as well as a variety of tourist and travel benefits gained by the host destination as a result of its staging. Despite this, sport tourism is an area of economic and social activity that has received little attention.
- It gives your holiday an adrenaline thrill.
- Today’s vacationers desire to be active while away from home. They seek to increase their level of enthusiasm by participating in the sports of the city or nation they are visiting. For example, a traveller’s general enthusiasm level rises when he participates in a Formula 1 race in Malaysia. Travellers’ can look forward to something other than historical monuments and municipal cafeterias when they participate in sports tourism. Icarus Jet, for example, can assist you with making your travel simple while also providing a luxurious and unforgettable experience. They may take you to any place you choose to go with your friends or family.
- It satisfies their curiosity.
- The majority of today’s tourists are voracious readers and explorers at heart. They research a destination before going there. So, when it comes to sports tourism, visitors frequently research the numerous sports available in a certain place. Las Vegas, for example, is more than just casinos. As a result, a new age traveller would like visiting Las Vegas and participating in various sporting activities such as soccer. This allows them to understand more about a city’s or country’s key sports as well as the emotions associated with them
- It gives you a wonderful feeling and makes you proud
- Sports enable a person to participate in a country’s most significant sport in addition to letting them unwind and relax. When you visit Malaysia and see the car racing championship, for example, you get a sense of pride. There’s also a positive vibe component. It appears that you, too, have added a new aspect to your trip experience.
- It is cost-effective.
- Sports tourism, contrary to popular opinion, is affordable! When you work with a top travel agent, he or she can help you plan a sports travel package that will allow you to see your favourite city or nation in a new light. You can pool your financial resources and get the greatest bargains for yourself.
- Have you always been conflicted about sports tourism? If so, you might want to give this mode of transportation a try. As a starter, you can choose areas that provide light water sports, golf, or horse racing. After that, you can choose from a variety of sites that provide a variety of athletic activities.
Vancouver in Canada
Vancouver city of Canada where has been a wide variety of sports since the city was founded. Canadian football, ice hockey, and lacrosse have a substantial history in the city of Vancouver. The relatively mild climate and the geographical location of the city allow a variety of sports and leisure activities.
Rogers Arena, BC Place, the Pacific Coliseum, the PNE Agrodome, and Nat Bailey Stadium are the prominent sports facilities in Vancouver. Including 8 Rinks in Burnaby, the Canucks’ main practice venue there are many establishments for sports throughout the city and surrounding areas.
Location : Sydney, Australia
- How to Reach :
- By Air
Sydney Kingsford Smith International Airport is the busiest international airport of Australia. It is well connected with the major cities of the world.
- By Train
Sydney is well connected by rail to Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide. There are railway links (Ghan and Indian-Pacific) between New South Wales and Perth, Alice Springs and Adelaide as well.
- By Bus
Private as well as government run buses link Sydney, New South Wales to other parts of the country and most of these buses arrive at Sydney Coach Terminal.
- By Air
- Famous for which sports
- Rugby league is the most popular spectator sport in Sydney
SPORTS TOURISM IN AND IT’S IMPORTANT IN HARYANA
- Adventure Sports in Haryana
- Rock Climbing.
- Horse Riding.
- Aerial Sports.
- The first thing that pops into millions of minds, when asked of the strengths of Haryana, is “sports”. This is no coincidence but a well-established foundation that holds this state firm till date.
- And it is about time that the authorities start capitalising on this opportunity for the benefit of the state and so forth. As sports has brought and is still bringing utter glory and fame to Haryana, I believe that the development and advancement of this sector should be made a priority for the state’s own benefits.
- As over the last two decades, in almost every game that our country entered, Haryana has been giving the major chunk of the total athletes and is bringing back most medals. In the present time, people from all over the world are aware of Haryana and its athletic power.
- In 2021, Haryana is nominated to host the National Khelo India Games which is a great kick start towards development through sports. But this is not all, we should not forget to focus on the bigger goals.
THE IMPORTANCE OF FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT IN SPORT TOURISM:
- The financial planning need to be done on the all the spending and monitor its impacts on the sport tourism.
- Planning based on account current trends in the specific sport tourism industry
- The financial strategy breaking down all expenses, including venue cost, accommodations, material used, marketing and promotion.
- Accounting the forecasting revenues, including footfalls of tourists, ticket prices, sales of apparel and many more beneficiaries
- The financial analysis provides the corrective decision with analysis of all facts and figures through different financial tools
- The financial performance evaluate the profit generated with respect to the return on investment.
- As the good financial stability in the sport industry impacts on large-scale economic with local hotels, foods and more job opportunity to communities.